This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Staying On the Right Track

Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 (New International Version)


          A train moves confidently down the track heading toward it's destination.  If the track were not in place the train would lose it's way and crash.  This is how the train has been constructed to operate.  The wheels have been designed to fit specifically on the track the train follows.  The train is powered by diesel, steam, electric, or whatever fuel source the engine requires to operate.  Once all of the necessary components are in place, the engineer and the crew can feel reliant that the train will perform as intended.  They will still have to watch for any irregularities along the way, but as long as there are no obstructions or breaks in the track they will safely reach their destination.



I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 (New International Version)


Be on guard! Be alert and pray! You do not know when that time will come.
Mark 13:33 (New International Version)


           We have been equipped for our life journey by God when we place our trust in Him.  We are blessed with the power of the Holy Spirit.  Our way may not be as tangible as the tracks that carry the train, but the Bible and prayer will help us to see where we are going.  God will give us the strength, but we must keep our eyes open and our minds alert so as not to lose our way.  Just as the engineer and his crew much watch the way before them to be sure that the route ahead is safe for travel, we must be vigilant on our life journey to be sure we are keeping on track.  We do not have the security of iron rails to keep us from meandering off course, but God has given us everything we need to arrive safely to our destination.  It is up to each of us to intently focus on where we are heading.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9 (New International Version)

9 comments:

  1. Lee, your Sunday posts are something I look for before church each week. They set the tone for my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very up lifting Lee,
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, my friend. I would not have made it this past week without prayer and the Lord. I may not be where I want to be but I have faith I am where HE wants me to be.

    Wonderful Sunday post :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlee,
    Thanks for the wonderful post!
    It was very salutary.
    Pax,
    r/e

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning, Lee:)

    our mutual Friend pretty much said the same thing to me this week by His Spirit. and then two of my friends(one being you) confirmed His Word to me. HE knows and always has confirmed things that He wants to make known by two or three witnesses. our heavenly Father is wonderful, isn't He!!! by the way, thank you for the circle of friends award. it's already in my trophy room:) ...as in heart.

    bud ezekiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. We tend to wander off the track often, though, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been away for a few days, but I am glad I finally got caught up with your latest posts. I noticed some turmoil caused by your controversial post...hehehe I am glad it was meant to be a joke. I laughed out loud at your "pill" story. Phew...glad it turned out to be a false alarm.
    What a coincidence about the train. I've been thinking about a future post about 'train and memories'- not quite sure yet how it is going to end up...lol
    I love your inspirational post today. Excellent!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank all of you for visiting my Sunday post and leaving the kind comments.

    Arlee Bird

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee