This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Meet Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassadors (Part 2)



        In my post of last Friday, I introduced two of my Ambassadors--my team who volunteered to help me patrol the A to Z sign up list and spread good will throughout the Challenge participants.  Today I bring you the other three members of my team.

Yvonne Lewis


Arlee Bird meets Yvonne Lewis in Los Angeles in 2012     

    When I first started the A to Z Challenge in 2010, I had nearly 100 bloggers sign on within the week I had announced my intentions to blog through the alphabet.   The very first to join up was Yvonne Lewis who now blogs at The Written Word of Yvonne Lewis.  Later, Yvonne would become one of the handful of bloggers I have met in person when she vacationed in Los Angeles last year.  

         Yvonne is from the United Kingdom and began blogging in 2006.  She has had two books of her delightful poetry published:   Negative V Positive, with a portion of the book blurb written by her idol, Irish singer Daniel O'Donnell, and Written from the Heart, with part of the blurb written by A to Z co-host Alex J. Cavanaugh

Jaimie Ramsey

Jaimie Ramsey and her husband
       Jaimie has been blogging at Living in the Light since late 2010.  Her blog title comes from the Bible verses 1 John 1:7-9.   She's not ashamed to proclaim her Christian faith and typically blogs about God, faith, and family.  Please be sure to visit Jaimie and give her your support and encouragement.




Alana Garrigues


image.jpeg         Alana Garrigues at Writercize is a Challenge veteran.  She is a freelance writer, journalist, and all around creative hand at all things writing and otherwise.  Alana played a big role in promoting last year's Challenge and she was a natural for me to call on to assist me with this year's Challenge.

           I'll be visiting with Alana and Nutschell "The Writing Nut" on March 30 when I go speak to their writers group about blogging and of course the A to Z Challenge.  Here is an excerpt from Alana's blog:


I have very special news for bloggers in the Los Angeles metro area. Lee (Arlee Bird) agreed to be the guest speaker at the Children's Book Writers of Los Angeles (CBW-LA) March meeting, just before the A to Z Challenge kicks off! On March 30 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., he will speak to a group of writers and bloggers at the El Segundo Library about the merits of blogging and social networking as it pertains to the author's platform. 
 CBW-LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and inspiring writers on the road to publication. It is the brainchild of another local mastermind, the fabulous Nutschell Windsor of The Writing Nut, and she dedicates countless hours and passion to sharing her knowledge of the publishing industry with writers, aspiring and published alike. 




For more info about this workshop visit Alana's blog at:
http://writercize.blogspot.com/2013/03/blogging-with-bird-atozchallenge-host.htm

You can also visit Alana at:

For local news and writing updates: www.facebook.com/AlanaGarriguesWrites

My sincerest thank you to the entire Ambassador Team!


     Do you know of anyone who has not signed up for the Challenge yet?    You perhaps?  The final week of sign ups is ahead of us.  Be sure to tell anyone who  might be interested in joining us.  Also spread the word on social media.  Hopefully we can match the 1800 we had for last year.  We have about 500 to go to reach that goal.   Let's go A to Zingers!





Enhanced by Zemanta

21 comments:

  1. You get to meet Nutschell and Alana next week? That is very cool!!
    Yvonne is one of my very first blogger buddies. Just adore her.
    And need to visit Jaimie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!

    We have a great team of Ambassadors here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not so long to go now, and I am almost prepared (well sort of)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to meet some of your blogging buddies face to face. Nice to meet them on line.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lee, have just returned home from Spain.and have to set up my pc again as I was a guest on my sons' pc.
    Will be back to normal later on.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good group.

    I posted about the Challenge yesterday and will add to my Facebook today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee - all helpers are so brilliant ... and you're lucky meeting with Yvonne, and now Alana and Nutschell ..

    It'll be a fun month ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool. Nice to meet some of the ambassadors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool to read about Jamie and how much she adores her religion along with everybody else who's ambassador for this challenge, exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have a great crew...and I'm so jealous you got to meet Yvonne, she was also one of my first friends from this challenge of yours

    http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got a great line up of ambassadors!

    You're going to be an awesome speaker given you're own great handling of blog-i-ness here.

    And I am the one that didn't sign up this year.

    Le sigh...blame it on the writing bug that keeps my fingers on the keys for manuscripts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ambassadors! Love that you're going to meet Nutschell & Alana - very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lee,

    Wow, I didn't realise our dear friend, Yvonne was the very first to join up with your A to Z Challenge. Like your good self, Yvonne's a thoroughly decent person.

    Now then, as you know, I wont get involved, but as per usual, I do promote this is my own weird way. Heck, I've even shared your posting on Twitter and Facebook.

    All the best to you and all those who join and embrace the ethos of a sharing, caring blogging community.

    Enjoy your weekend, good sir.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lee, its so awesome how much the A-Z has grown over the last 4 years. I'm not participating b/c I don't have the time to visit that many blogs in a month, but I think it is an awesome event.

    Good luck to all the participants and co-hosts.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  15. Impressive team you have assembled Lee! Good luck with your talk. Is this your first one on the subject? Will you be using some of your NMX material? I'm sure you'll do great and break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there! Nice to meet all of you! I'm a new participant of the challenge and just wanted to stop by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think having Ambassadors to help the team is a great idea.

    I'm looking forward to seeing them around and feeling the supportive energy they will leave behind in their comments for all those on your ever growing Sign-Up List.

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Lee :)
    Great to read about the ambassadors!
    Can't wait to get going on April 1st

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many thanks to all who dropped by to greet my Ambassador team and my huge thanks to this great team that has been such a help to me so far.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like a great team / thanks to each of you. It takes alot of work and time to get something like this off the ground
    Anchors away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I signed up for the A-Z challenge and am just blog hopping early. Nice to meet you and your ambassadors :)
    http://kyoticrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee